Patient safety is our top priority.
Here at Mt. Hood Hearing, we have been working hard for over 15 years to minimize isolation for our patients and will continue to do so in a safe and healthy manner during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Since as early as March 16th, 2020, Mt Hood Hearing has been reshaping the way we deliver our services to you. We have been operating behind closed doors and practicing enhanced infection control protocols, to keep you and our staff safe. We have developed and will continue to update these measures following guidelines from the CDC, OHSA and the office of Governor Kate Brown.
We understand that you are taking all the necessary precautions to reduce the risk for yourself and your loved ones, so the following are some of the steps we have implemented to help you continue to manage your hearing loss while staying safe:
- Appointments are required for all services. We are accepting curbside hearing aid drop-offs as well as supply pick-ups. We can have your supplies ready for you to pick up and service your hearing devices while you wait in your vehicle. Please call to schedule so we can prepare for your visit.
- We are staggering appointments to avoid more than one person waiting at any given time, and to allow proper time for disinfecting the treatment rooms, lobby, and equipment between appointments.
- If you are not ready to go out yet, we are offering telehealth visits to all patients. Modern hearing aids allow for remote hearing screenings, hearing aid fittings as well as fine tuning sessions without the need to leave your home. We also have virtual appointments available for remote consultations and counseling. Please call for details.
- For in-office appointments, you are encouraged to come in by yourself when possible and bring your own face mask. You will be given a face mask if you do not have one and ask that you wear it during your visit. Your specialist will also use PPE to keep you protected.
- We are greeting people at the door and upon arrival, we are taking the temperature of anyone before entering our office with a contact-less infrared thermometer. We are supplying our customers with hand sanitizer. Also, please be prepared to answer a few health and safety questions.
- We have enhanced our lobby’s safety by placing a sneeze guard on the reception desk, we have a designated check in area for safe screening and have installed a contact-less pin pan on our payment terminal. For your convenience, we are also accepting payments online and by phone.
- We have created an online patient portal as well as launched a new website to enhance appointment scheduling, and communication between our customers and staff. Our new website has more useful content such as instructional videos, an online hearing screener, and a e-store, where you will be able to place online orders for supplies, batteries, and other items. Please be patient as we continue to develop the website and e-store in the coming months.
Thank you for taking the time to read our enhanced safety protocols. We look forward to continuing to enhance your life through better hearing!