We perform comprehensive hearing tests, which also include cognitive assessments to give us a complete understanding of your peripheral and central hearing performance. After all, we hear with our brain and not with our ears. This approach helps us see the “big picture” to better determine your needs and provide you with realistic expectations.
We do not cut corners when it comes to testing and evaluations. First, we want to get to know you better by getting a full understanding of your health and lifestyle. We will listen and address the concerns that matter most to you. After the initial interview, a series of tests will follow such as:
- Otoscopy, to rule out outer ear problems such as wax buildup.
- Tympanometry, to rule out middle ear problems.
- Otoacoustic Emissions, to objectively measure inner ear function (cochlea).
- Cognitive assessment with FDA-approved Cognivue™, to measure the impact of hearing loss on five cognitive domains.
- Extended high frequency air and bone conduction threshold testing, to measure your hearing sensitivity and determine whether you are perceiving sounds normally
- Speech recognition testing not only in quiet, but also in the presence of background noise, to measure how your brain is processing speech while filtering out unwanted sounds.
- We will then explain the test results to you in a clear and concise manner and if necessary, design your customized treatment plan for hearing correction
- If we detect any medical concerns, we will recommend that you see your primary care provider or an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor, prior to recommending hearing loss correction